There comes a time when every business owner realizes they should hire a social media manager. At first, you might think you can do it yourself. And sure, that’s a great way to save money if you have the time and knowledge. But soon, you may start to fall behind because you have a business to run!
5 Signs You Need to Hire a Social Media Manager
- You miss messages. Whether it’s a Twitter mention you didn’t see until a week later or a question in a Facebook message, you know it should have been addressed sooner. Customers expect a response within 24 hours. But you will need to respond within 5 minutes or less to turn on the new “Very responsive to messages” Facebook feature.
- Social media is an afterthought. You run sales, host events and give out promotions. Afterwards, you realize you should have put it all on social media. Which in turn, makes you feel like you are always behind.
- You don’t understand Twitter and/or Instagram. You know it’s popular and you might even have signed up, but it’s not at the top of your mind so you try to “get by” instead of really leveraging these platforms to improve your business.
- You are already working 40+ hours. Being a business owner is hard and time consuming. You end up giving up a lot of time and you may be on the verge of becoming burnt out or overwhelmed.
- You want to invest more in advertising. Social media advertisements are one of the most cost effective ways to advertise and a social media manager has experience in getting the best results.